Friday, December 26, 2008

Post Christmas Blizzard Recovery

Well, it's now the day after Christmas... it's all a blur to me now! I've basically been shoveling snow since Wednesday night - Ow! My back! I think we got about 20 inches over the course of two days. Sometimes it was powder and sometimes it was a bit damp, so it made for really heavy snow to move, except for the first shoveling which was all powder. How I LOVE powder! Light little shovelfuls of powder! Seriously, I've ripped my back. I have previous back injuries - one caused permanent damage from a shoveling event in the early 90s, when I lived in Murray. I have a bulging disk from that one. I feel like I'm going to need therapy on it again....ugh! And it's still snowing!!!

Christmas was lovely. I really enjoyed watching the ever-changing colors of my little Christmas tree, as it reminds me of my Mom. I'm kind of dreading taking it down for the season. :(

I was surprised by receiving gifts from several friends/neighbors that quite perplexed me. I wonder how I've suddenly become so popular with people I barely knew? I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if I've missed a "clue" someplace...

I've still to write my Christmas Letter. I usually do it on the weekend after Thanksgiving, but I was ill this year. Soooo....I still haven't managed to get it written! (Maybe this weekend)

I've watched lots of movies over the last few days - at least 10, so far. I'm on vacation through January 4th, so the potential is that I will extinguish the vast Hollywood library of movies! Maybe I should call Guiness....

2 comments:

ShelBailey said...

I've still not written my "christmas" letter. I need to get on that.

You should make rum balls for your neighbors. :0)

ShelBailey said...

SUE! POST SOMETHING! Pics of the new temple would be cool. What's your calling in the ward? What do you do in your spare time these days? Or do you not have any? When the heck are you coming to visit???